Portland is a dog city, there is no disputing that…
The breadth of services and community organizations serving the animal population here in the Rose City is truly a wonder to behold. In honor of all the wonderful people and organizations that strive to make the pets in our lives and city happier and healthier we spend a certain amount of our time every year giving back. Whether it is working closely with other pet service businesses such as Sniff Dog Hotel or Meat for Cats and Dogs, we also donate time, talent and services to several non-profits throughout the year. Check out our community happenings below; past, present and future!
NON PROFIT PARTNERS.
When I became aware of PAW Team and the nature of the work they do I just knew that this was an organization to support. Providing free vet care and clinics for homeless people and their pets is vital. Most of the homeless people I spoke with prioritize their pets needs above their own as well.
- Donated $350 Gift Certificate to raffle fundraiser in Dec 2013
- FFP Photo Booth at the Florida Room for Give!Guide Fundraiser
- Documented the April 2014 vet clinic
Having never heard of a non-profit animal hospital I imagined a run down store front that does free spay and neuter and not much else. Boy was I wrong! This state of the art facility has anything your fur kids could need, including a blood bank stocked by the dogs and cats of Portland who donate year round.
- Documented their 2014 Superheroes event celebrating the best dog blood donors during 2013.
- Donated over 40 hours of time and talent to photograph all 12 months of the 2015 DoveLewis Calendar.
- Documented the 17th Annual Dogtoberfest event. Heralded as Portland’s Largest Dog Wash. Good clean fun for the whole fur family.
I was immediately impressed with the mission of this Oregon non-profit; “Because hungry people have hungry pets.” Truer words were never spoken. When the opportunity came up for me to help fundraise for these guys I couldn’t wait to jump on board. I am hoping to work further with them in the future as well.
- Donated $350 Gift Certificate for raffle fundraiser at the 2014 Strut Your Mutt event.
The reason I support this organization should be quite evident at this point. Their mission states that “A child who connects to a dog connects to the world” and I feel that this sums up what they do perfectly. They are providing such an important service in the lives of these young, developing children.
- Donated $350 Gift Certificate for raffle fundraiser at the Paws in the Pearl: Art for Autism event in Aug 2014.
Sniff was the first business we reached out to when we were getting ready to launch FFP and the owner Jamie has been such a great help to us. Her and her team have gone above and beyond to help us reach new people. Here are a few of the things that Sniff and FFP have partnered together on.
- Official FFP Launch Party held at the Sniff Dog Cafe on October 5, 2013
- FFP Photo Booth at the grand opening celebration at Sawyers Row
- FFP Photo Booth to celebrate the fourth anniversary of Sniff and the opening of their new building!
What can we say about Meat other than we are IN LOVE with this place. The owner Heidi is a sweetheart and she fell in love with the imagery we create here at FFP. They recently outgrew their original location and turned to crowd funding to help raise money for the new custom building they had built.
- Contributed at The Dagger level to the Indigogo Campaign in April 2014
- Donated a $350 gift certificate to be raffled off at an in-store fundraiser in April 2014
- Heidi and I have our heads together trying to come up with a collaboration for the 2014 Holiday Season…stay tuned!
FFP had the pleasure of hanging our artwork inside Synergy’s beautiful NW location. The rich, dark red brick walls really made the colors in the imagery pop. Scott and Valli are a great team and do great work towards helping reactive pets become calmer and happier in their lives. Keep up the great work guys!
- Hung several pieces on display Dec 13-Jan 14
This group of folks really know how to put together a party. Comprised of the various businesses that line the NE. Fremont neighborhood there is a little something for everyone on this commercial corridor; taverns, pubs and coffee shops to hand crafted candy, kids books and custom printing.
- Donated photography services for the Santa Paws event held on Dec. 13, 2013. It was around 30° that night so kudos to all of us who braved the cold to photograph some fur families with Santa Claus!
While deciding on marketing avenues to pursue for 2014 the humble street fair immediately came to mind. These events have always been a favorite summertime activity for me and I thought it would be a blast to try my hand at being a vendor. While it is A LOT of work to put together a compelling display, the effort was worth it.
Alberta Street was one of those events I just couldn’t pass up on. While not the biggest fair in town (that goes to Mississippi St.) it is definitely one of the more hip and happening. It was a blast.
the big one
Coming up on October 11, 2014, this event is the largest pet expo in the Pacific Northwest. Their slogan is Shop, Learn, Play, Adopt and you can do all of these things at this colossal one day event. Bring your pets and head over to booth #815 were you will find FFP in all its vendor booth glory. We also sponsored PAW Team at the expo this year so check them out right next door to us!